Volunteer shops are a vital source of income for guiding, especially local guiding, as well as being a convenient way for Leaders and parents to buy uniform and resources.
Consider the following questions:-
- Is there already a local volunteer shop in your area?
- Are there a lot of units in your area that could benefit from a volunteer shop which would also raise vital income for a District/Division?
- Is there a key volunteer who can take overall responsibility for the shop as it should be run independently from the County?
- Are there other volunteers who could assist as helpers or support as committee members?
- Are there any facilities available to run the volunteer shop from or could it be run from a volunteer’s home?
This document contains information about setting up a volunteer shop.