County Commissioner Handbook

When to contact an accountant

You should contact an accountant if you are being audited. Guidance about when an audit is required for a charity can be found on the Charity Commission website.

If trading income exceeds £50,000 you must register with HMRC. If your turnover exceeds £78,000 per annum you must be VAT registered.

If an audit is required your County will be contacted directly by the Charity Commission.