County Commissioner Handbook

Residential events

As County Commissioner you will receive Residential Event Notification forms from all Division events and events that are attended by a Division Commissioner, so you should be aware of the process for approving residential events.

Commissioners must forward the Residential Event Notification form to any relevant Advisers before approving the event. For international events, the form will be sent on to the County International Adviser as well as to your Country and Region office. This will help to ensure that they know where the unit is while they’re travelling, and that they can quickly offer support in case of any issued or emergencies.

Advisers are invaluable to guiding and their expert skills and knowledge are vital in supporting the planning and running of successful events. The Adviser will include their name on the form to confirm they have seen it and will return the form to the Commissioner.

Approval for the event can only be given by the Commissioner and cannot be delegated to an assistant. If you are unavailable to sign a form this must be done by a Commissioner of the same level or higher. Approval must not be given by Advisers or Coordinators. See the Girlguiding website and The Guiding Manual for further advice and Frequently Asked Questions.