There are tools that will help you as County Commissioner and it is a good idea to set these up from the start.
- A dedicated Commissioner email address will help with time management and means that emails relating to Commissioner work will not get lost among personal emails.
- Access to a computer will enable access to Join us, Go!, County Go!, the most recent resources and Commissioner updates. Having access to a computer does not necessarily mean that it has to be owned by you – some Counties own a computer which you can use.
- A diary system that works for you.
In addition the following resources could be useful and considered an investment for you or your County.
- A dedicated phone for County messages. This can then be used by another member of the County team when you are unavailable.
- A range of uniform. Commissioners attend a range of events and the same uniform may not be right for all situations. For example, clothing suitable for a campsite might not be appropriate for a business meeting. This can be covered by County expenses.
- A dedicated County website.