These are the four fundamentals of Growing Guiding.
- Remember every girl matters – try to involve just one more!
- Make that welcome warm – new members of all ages want to feel they belong.
- Make every meeting great – girls vote with their feet!
- Ask for help – more volunteers mean more benefits to both adults and girls.
Growing Guiding can be separated into the following areas around which you can plan activities.
- Strategic mapping and targeted growth, to enable informed planning of membership growth at all levels.
- Adult volunteer recruitment, to have enough adult support to provide high quality guiding to all girls who wish to be members.
- Welcome and induction, to welcome, induct and place new volunteers in appropriate roles, ensuring that expectations are clear, that volunteers are linked into effective local support networks and that we are able to maximise use of individual skills.
- Recruitment of girls and young women as members, to offer every girl the opportunity to be a member of Girlguiding.
- Sustaining long-term growth and supporting retention, to support local guiding to deliver guiding that is of consistently high quality, facilitating growth and retention of members of all ages.
See the Girlguiding website for resources to help your County to be able to develop and grow.